Established in 1953 and located in Minneapolis, MN

In 2012 Celebrating Seventy Five Years As a Union

In March of 1937 our union was first organized under federal charter as Local 20490 of the AFL-CIO.  We were organized to cover all craft workers and have jurisdiction over work performed by the Minneapolis Gas Company.   In 1953 we became associated with the United Association as Gas Workers Local 340.

Our union has represented craft workers faithfully for 75 years and will strive to continue to serve the best interests of its members for the next 75!